Toronto Kiwanis members are a fun mix of younger and older professionals and entrepreneurs who come together to make a difference both in their community and in their own lives.
Members form lifetime friendships based upon a shared joy that comes from doing great things for others, engage with like-minded professionals, and develop projects as needs and opportunities arise.
Do you have a passion for service? Kiwanis can help you realize it.
A Kiwanis Toronto membership provides you with:
- An opportunity to help children and youth – making a tangible difference in the future of our great city.
- An opportunity to share – your experience, knowledge, and time by serving your community.
- Networking – enabling your personal and professional advancement.
- Affiliation with Kiwanis – an internationally recognized service association.
- Social activities – where you’ll meet new friends and business associates.
- Leadership experience – through community involvement, training and club participation.
- The Kiwanis Magazine – featuring new insights, ideas and opinions from around the world.
What does it take to BE a member?
- Attendance at luncheons – Our luncheons are twice a month. Each member’s attendance is important, although it is understood that work or other priorities can get in the way. Guests are welcome, especially when a distinguished speaker is on the agenda!
- Fellowship – Through attendance at meetings, events, committee work and social activities, there’s lots of opportunity for fellowship.
- Committee support– As a service club, we support a variety of projects and activities each year, and there’s lots of fun committee work and events that you lead. It’s truly a situation of getting back more than you give.
- Kiwanis Cares – We’ve got a growing number of members and friends doing hands-on work through a group we’re calling “Kiwanis Cares,” directly supporting those most in need in our communities.
- Enthusiasm – We hope and expect each member to share our enthusiasm!
How do I BECOME a member of Toronto Kiwanis?
If you are being introduced to the club through a member, then they will invite you to attend at least two luncheon meetings at which you’ll get to meet the other members.
If you don’t know anyone yet, then contact us and we will connect you with a member who will be your “sponsor” and help you navigate the club and answer any questions.
Once we’ve got a chance to know you – and you us – we ask that you complete a Membership Application. Once accepted, please provide payment for the annual dues that each member pays. A portion of these funds are used to pay Kiwanis International expenses and club admin costs, while the remainder is donated to the Foundation to assist with charity work.
We hope you consider joining us, because #KidsNeedKiwanis.