We’re hiring for an Executive Administrator position!
ABOUT KIWANIS CLUB OF TORONTO
Our mandate is to serve children and youth. Our Club’s strategic priorities are to do service in our community to the benefit of children and youth; to grow membership; to strengthen our brand in the City of Toronto, and maintain and grow resources to provide financial support to local charities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual to assist with key strategic areas of the Club’s Operation. Our Club’s strategy is focused on Leadership Development and Mentorship. We require the assistance of an individual who has a functional knowledge of the Kiwanis International Organization and the global impact of Kiwanis on the lives of children. The job description is provided below.
POSITION: Executive Administrator
Reporting to the Executive Manager, this job encompasses work for both the Kiwanis Club of Toronto and the Club’s Foundation by virtue of the singular membership providing governance to both organizations. The Executive Administrator will be responsible for Board administration, events support, service activities and marketing.
The role requires reporting to the Executive Manager.
- Board Administration & Management of Operations, Activities and Staff
- Distribute board and committee meeting notices and materials, collect RSVPs, handle all meeting logistics
- Coordinate logistics, communications, material preparation, and onsite management for the AGM, the annual strategic retreat, and all other special events/meetings as required
- Maintain organizational structure charts for the Board and committees, and membership roster
- Execute all activities related to member and board education, including distributing training materials and ensuring club officers have completed any required training.
- Assist with all logistics related to bi-monthly member luncheons:
- Posting upcoming meeting info (speakers, topics, etc.) on the website, Eventbrite and social media
- Coordinate food/beverage, AV requirements, seating plan, etc., with the venue
- Manage the reception desk, including credit card scanner/cash box
- Ensure room set-up, including the prep of a program/agenda for each lunch
- Prepare and distribute printed materials at tables, including speaker info, member info, etc.
- Ensure all members have name tags, print new member tags as required and ensure Kiwanis pins are ordered in a timely manner for new directors
- Maintain the Club’s website, including the posting of meeting minutes, updating upcoming events and executing communication campaigns as directed by the Board and the Executive Manager.
2. Strategic Planning & Organizational Leadership
- Work with the Executive team to both set and achieve goals, including:
- Member Relations, Retention and Recruitment (annual targets)
- Keep all members regularly updated and engaged in upcoming meetings, projects and special activities via the website, social media and direct member communications.
3. Kiwanis Reporting and Relationship Management
- Coordinate and execute all reporting for Kiwanis International, District and Division (DCMs)
- Service Leadership Program (Kiwanis Cares, Circle K, Key Club, Aktion Club, Builders Club, K-Kids)
- Maintain SLP membership rosters and post SLP leadership info and events on the Club’s social media and circulate to members at semi-monthly Club lunches
4. Financial Management
- Collaborate weekly with the bookkeeper for review of A/P files, banking records, financial statements, etc. (with guidance from the Executive Manager)
- Ensure members are invoiced, and dues are collected annually
Employment Requirements and Compensation
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks daily, weekly, monthly, and annually
- Must have experience in recruitment/sales, marketing/promotion, fundraising/events/sponsorship and committee management
- Must be personable and a very strong communicator both verbally and in writing
- Must be tech and social media savvy and be able to deliver a multi-channel communication strategy (Canva and WordPress)
- Must be able to legally work in Canada
- Minimum 2 years of full-time work experience, preferably within a non-profit, charity or foundation
- University degree or related college diploma
Office Hours and Location:
- First Canadian Place, 100 King St. W. Suite 5600, Toronto
- Full-time office hours to be maintained, Monday to Friday
- Attendance may also be required at special meetings and service activities
- Commensurate with role
Interested candidates, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: July 21, 2023, at 11:59 PM EST