We’re currently not hiring at this time.
ABOUT KIWANIS CLUB OF TORONTO
Our mandate is to serve children and youth. Our Club’s strategic priorities are to do service in our community to the benefit of children and youth; to grow membership; to strengthen our brand in the City of Toronto, and maintain and grow resources to provide financial support to local charities.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, and self-motivated individual to assist with key strategic areas of the Club’s Operation. Our Club’s strategy is focused on Leadership Development and Mentorship. We require the assistance of an individual who has a functional knowledge of the Kiwanis International Organization and the global impact of Kiwanis on the lives of children. The job description is provided below.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Digital Strategy Assistant:
- Assist in creating content to be posted on social media (Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook) and providing guidelines to Club members on how to engage with content.
- Assist with tracking online activity and metrics and create a report detailing effective content and strategy on social media sites. A key measure of success for this role is a material increase in Club members social media engagement and greater public awareness of the Club in the community and beyond.
- Design event invites and project posters using Canva or Photoshop
- Promote club activities via Eventbrite, Mailchimp, and newsletters
- Contribute to the promotion of membership in the Club and keep all members and prospects regularly updated and engaged in upcoming meetings, projects and special activities via the website, social media and direct member communications.
- Assist in maintaining an updated Club webpage (www.torontokiwanis.ca)
- Assist with the administration of our Club’s Service Leadership Program (SLP) in partnership with the designated Club member liaison.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Experience or interest in non-profit work, volunteering, or community involvement
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Experience with Canva, web design (WordPress) and photoshop
- Video editing, photography, and digital content creation experience is a plus
The role is predominantly remote. However, the successful applicant must be available to attend in-person events or meetings in Toronto as needed.
Interested candidates please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: June 24, 2022 at 11:59 PM EST