Eastern Canada and Caribbean District
The Kiwanis Club of Toronto is part of the Eastern Canada and Caribbean District (EC&C), one of the largest and most diverse of the 50 districts within Kiwanis International.
Learn more about the EC&C here: www.kiwanisecc.org/
Founded in 1915, Kiwanis International is a global organization of members dedicated to serving the children of the world.
Kiwanis and its family of clubs, including:
- Circle K International for university students
- Key Club for high school students
- Builders Club for students age 11-14
- Kiwanis Kids for students age 6-12
- Aktion Club for youth and adults living with disabilities
Kiwanis members dedicate more than 18 million service hours each year to strengthen communities and serve children.
The Kiwanis International family comprises nearly 600,000 adult and youth members in 80 countries and geographic areas.
Learn more about Kiwanis International here: www.kiwanis.org/
Kiwanis Foundation of Canada
The Kiwanis Foundation of Canada Inc. is a nonprofit charitable foundation endorsed and approved in 1971 by the three Kiwanis Districts operating in Canada.
A board of volunteer Kiwanians from these districts governs the Foundation. Its purpose is to provide financial support in many different ways including:
- Promoting and providing financial support for Service Leadership Programs in all three Districts of Kiwanis in Canada (Pacific Northwest, Western Canada and Eastern Canada and the Caribbean).
- Promoting and encouraging the presentation of scholarships by Kiwanis Clubs through the Matching Scholarship Program.
- Collecting funds and administering the National Disaster Relief Fund.
- Supporting special Kiwanis causes.
The Foundation’s funds are received primarily from individual Kiwanis Members and their Clubs in our three Districts of Kiwanis in Canada. Gifts from corporations, other foundations, groups and individuals are also received. All donations shall be used to carry out the Foundation’s stated purposes, unless specified as endowment funds.